WHEN: 01.06.2017 – 15.12.2017
NUMBER OF ITALIAN VOLUNTEERS: 2
MAIN THEMATICS OF THE PROJECT: Here we are at the second stage of a language project: the first goal to reach is to work for a multilingual community! Therefore volunteers will be engaged in language courses, including their own, organizing events to promote multilingualism, translation of documents and language support to local organizations. They will be dealing with communication, video, photoreport, street interviews. The volunteers will spend their service in Sighisoara, in the fascinating setting of Transylvania. They will attend: intercultural evenings, bingo quiz nights, karaoke nights on the town’s premises.
Host Association: Wildcarpathia NGO
WHY TO CHOOSE TO DO ONE OF ALL: If you are interested in taking an extraordinary experience, working with a non-profit organization, increasing your skills in the third sector, learning a new language, working in a team in multicultural contexts, Starting for an EVS, it will be an experience that …. You will change your life!
The European Volunteer Service is the only European program that allows you to experience an experience abroad at no cost!
- Board and lodging is covered by the association within a reference ceiling indicated in the project’s official infopack
- Monthly Pocket Money
- 100% of the cost of the tickets will be paid by the host association
- (FOR ALL INFORMATION ON ECONOMIC CONDITIONS IS REPAIRED TO OFFICIAL INFOPACK OF THE PROJECT)
European cultural exchanges
The main objective of the project:
- to accelerate the transition from NEET to 12 EVS volunteers from Italy, Estonia, France, Greece, Spain and Poland (not in education, employment or training) to employment (job or entrepreneurial activities)
Within each of the two stages EVS volunteers will work in mixed teams for the achievement of the following types of activities:
- The volunteers will help 6 local organizations or public institutions to promote their activities online and offline in Romanian and also in English. The volunteers will develop journalistic abilities by making brochures, e-pages, video / photo reportages, street interviews, multimedia materials, etc.
- The volunteers will organize foreign language interactive courses for young people in Sighisoara (in their native languages
- The volunteers will promote Sighisoara and the local community through their native languages by creating blogs, wiki encyclopedias, etc
- The volunteers will support Wild Carpathia’s team in selecting and preparing local youth for sending them as EVS volunteers in other countries
- The volunteers will develop monthly events to promote European diversity and multilingualism such as intercultural evenings, bingo quiz nights, karaoke nights, etc.
As we mentioned in the first page of this Info Pack, Sighisoara Multilingva project will be composed of 2 EVS motilities that will take place in Sighisoara, Romania in the following time frames:
- 1st EVS mobility: 1st June 2016 – 15th January 2017 (7 months and 1/2);
- 2nd EVS mobility: 1st March 2017 – 15th October 2017 (7 months and 1/2).
Each SOs will select 2 EVS volunteers, Jump In, SEIKLEJATE VENNASKOND and TAMBOUR BATTANT for the first stage and EDRA, Fundació Catalunya Voluntària and Fundacja Pokolenia for the second stage.
The most important results of this project will be the intangible ones so the volunteers will learn to learn competences and they will embrace values such as cultural diversity, intercultural friendship and multilingualism which will be useful for their personal, professional and social life.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED TO LIVE THIS EXPERIENCE YOU CAN CANDIDATE WITH CURRICULUM AND MOTIVATIONAL LETTER To firstname.lastname@example.org
CULTURAL / EXTERNAL EXCHANGE SECTION